Friday, November 30, 2012

Day 4: Reflections

Our home has 4 full bathrooms.  (Please know I'm not bragging, more like complaining, especially since my 5 year old is scared to flush a toilet right now, so you might end up with an unwelcome surprise).  The most logical place to do the elf graffiti would have been the girls' bathroom but that would have been too difficult to manage since it's right next to their bedroom.  So we set it up in my son's bathroom.  

Although my son is setting up each scenario, he is still playing the part in the mornings.  So when the kids got up in the morning to get ready for school, he stumbled into his bathroom and instantly called for his sisters.  They came flying down the stairs, tousled hair and pj's.  I think it took them a minute to figure out what Candy Cane had done.  Their first reaction of course was almost fear, like they were going to get in trouble for the markings on the mirrors.  I huffed and puffed and grumbled about how elves better start cleaning up their own messes.  However, there's not enough magic in the world for that to happen!

(Now, I must confess, this might not have been the brightest idea because it might give the kids the idea that it's ok to color on walls and other inanimate objects.  I'll let you know if that comes to fruition!)

Although we're really good at taking pictures of each set up, I'm horrible in following up with pictures of the girls discovering Candy each morning.  The morning work/school routine just makes it too difficult.  

No comments:

Post a Comment