Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Day 3: Elf Hunting

Yesterday morning was the first day back to school for my kids following the week long Thanksgiving break.  My 5 year old, Lilyana, is always a bear to wake up in the mornings.  I come in to their room each morning singing, "Good morning, Go-o-od morning, ain't it great to stay up late?!"  The lights are turned on bright and I do a body rub down to start to stir her, and she normally finds the edge of her covers and pull them over her head and pulls it tight so I can't remove her covers.  Then we transition into a full-on tickle war so she loosens her grip on her covers and I yank them off.  It takes the two girls about 20 minutes simply to get dressed.  However, yesterday was different.  I went in to wake them up and they both popped up like bread out of a toaster.  There was a rush of sleepy words, "Can we go find Candy Cane before we get dressed?  Please?  Pretty Please?"  I used my cell phone to capture video of them searching the house and I told them they only had 3 minutes to find her.

They raced downstairs and first searched near the fish tank where Candy Cane was fishing the morning before.  I gently hinted that she might be in a different room this time.  They each passed right by her at least 3 times.  Time was up, I told them to start getting ready and maybe they'd find her when they weren't exactly looking for her, and just then my 5 year old let out a squeal and a giggle as she spotted Candy Cane stuck in our vase.  I was still capturing video and caught my 5 year old gingerly touch Candy Cane.  

I'm trying to find a way to get the video loaded to share, but it's not working right now.  But as we played it back my 7 year old, Isabella caught Lily touching the elf on the play back.  Lily denied it, until she saw it herself on camera.  She was embarrassed.  It was cute.  

No comments:

Post a Comment